We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Talk Talk Slow

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Anyone on Talk Talk finding the Home Page slow loading...mine's timing out.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

TalkTalk already have a higher level customer service here in the UK, but the only problem to that, is that you have to make a serious fuss to reach it.

I had a 'personal' manager and team working in conjunction with BT OpenReach and at the local exchange for a number of months.Quite a number of the problems were ironed out, but some where apparently impossible to find and correct, even though TT and BT OpenReach knew they existed somewhere in the system. I would add, at the time, one of my complaints was the 1MB maximum service I was only getting, when I was being told that the line was capable of 6MB. After quite a number of changes, the speed now reaches a 5MB level at most times, but as now become suspect again.

Further changes, have now left me with no further 'personal manager' contact. Regarding the TT forum, I don't know how it is now, but at one time I could not get into the TT forum because it would not recognise me as a TT subscriber. Perhaps I might consider another attempt at logging into that service?.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Good morning,

I see that contacting a forum seems to be a good idea, however this will not work for me! Whist my wife and I have had a tiscali email address for more than 10 years, we are not - and I don't quite know how this works - members and do not have an account. we have over the last two days or so had some problems even getting in and I saw their 'speedchecker', which wants your telephone number and your post code. I entered mine, double checked them and it said one or other was not valid, tried again by removing the space between the area code and our actual number for the 'phone, same result. When I ask a question, a fairly regular thing one of the most constant queries they ask - even whn I tell them I don't have an account - are my details, which I give them in my query. with TalkTalk incompetence reigns, be warned.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Housten

Exactly as I mentioned, I have a Lineone, then Tiscali, now TalkTalk account which I pay monthly direct debit to, yet according at times "I am not a subscriber, because the account is not recognised" abd apparently that is one reason why I cannot use the TT forum?.

Going back on the earlier matter of TalkTalk Webmail, I wasn't able to retrieve any yesterday, but after two attempts today, success.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Have you registered for my account click here

after that you have to set up another account in the members forum

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

ventad

I have two accounts registered, and both on odd days appear to suggest that I am not a subscriber, and both were not recognised for the forum use?.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Forgot to say you can use any email address or create a talktalk one for your account

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback