We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows virtual memory too low! Could it be this page?

gazmix

Likes # 0

Hi

I've had this page open on my browser for some time, but my browser is really slow, freezing etc. Even when i refresh & open & close the browser! I think someone has posted pics that are too big or something of the sort! It's page 10 of the website!

Also getting the little yellow triangle saying my WVM is too low!

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/171405-photos-and-videos-from-today-the-epic-massive-photo-archive/pagest450

Anyone have the same issue!

Thanks

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

jump to page 10 as this is where the issue lies!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The page is rather long with photos and video links. I've 4 gig ram. Ram is running at 70% and page file running at 17% so it's using a lot of ram. Check pagefile (virtual memory) in your settings. It should be ok if controlled by the OS but if low on ram then it will take time to load the page. You could try changing the initial size to the same as maximum size to see if that helps.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

Thanks, i have 877MB of RAM i think as when i do chronos's check, it comes up with that!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not a lot then.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Lets guess. If a desktop then running XP, shares ram with onboard graphics.

If older laptop then same scenario.

Netbook I don't entertain as they are a tad slow even on top end, with ram specified.

Seems your machine can't cope with the modern browser. Just my guessing.

What PC are you running?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added