We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how to save a gmail to my documents

patso
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi,my wife had to change her email to gmail,before i could copy and paste to save her emails in a word document now gmail is frustrating the life out of me trying to save them.i cant find any way to do this,whats with gmail and chrome,any ideas how i can do this please,windows 7 home hp pavilion dv6

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post  
patso

Likes # 0

thanks rdave 13 for taking the time to reply,it is very technical the link as its a quick fix for my wife and she would not be able to use the link,i have just found another solution.when you open the gmail you use the print all icon on the right,when the print dialogue box opens instead of sending to printer you just send to xps file or pdf file or whatever prog you have on your pc.by the way printing gmails works fine on my pc copying and saving with word starter 2010 it isnt woorking with word 2007 on her pc?is it a compatibility issue with ms? Thanks again and reply greatly appreciated and hope my solution helps others on the forum.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

How are you copying and saving? It should be ok with 2007.

Like this post
mimosa418

Likes # 0

I do not understand the complication. I regularly select and copy text in a Gmail which is open in the browser (Chrome) and paste in to a word document, in both Word 2007 and 2010.

Like this post
mimosa418

Likes # 0

You might also wish to try this Create a Document

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

See the festive spots creative companies have released for Christmas

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad