We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Findamo

sparky121
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi just new here and hope you can help.I use chrome as my default browser however just recently when I start my computer and open up chrome it opens up findamo as the home page and it is listed as the default search engine.When I change it in the settings it is fine until I restart the computer and it happens again I have ran malwarebytes,spybot and super antispyware and it keeps happening.Really want to get rid of it any one get any ideas?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

When you type about:config into the address bar it should bring up a screen with a box in the middle of it which says This Might Void Your Warranty - Then you simply click on I'll be careful, I promise. Then in the search box type Findamo

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Should say this is what happens with Windows 7

Like this post
sparky121

Likes # 0

Im using windows 7 but my browser is chrome and when i type in about:config i just get this webpage is not available,thanks for your help so far.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try this enter link description here

I have to say that I am not a user of Google Chrome but from the problem you seem to be having it appears that setting the Home Page is not quite as simple as in other browsers - for some unknown reason - but hopefully the instructions in the link I have sent will rectify that.

Like this post
sparky121

Likes # 0

will try that thanks for all your help.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If that fails it looks like a registry key set for "first boot" or "first run".

Try Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

I'd run it in safe mode so you have to reboot after running.

Like this post
sparky121

Likes # 0

Thanks to all for there help tried rdave13 suggestion again and so far it seems to be working.

Like this post
Findamo Support

Likes # 0

Hi, I'm a member of the Findamo.com Support Team.

Freeware Software publishers use Findamo as distributions monetize solution. Findamo.com help freeware publishers keep their software free of charge and you keep enjoying best apps and software without paying for them.

If you wish to uninstall Findamo please follow the next instructions: http://www.findamo.com/faq.html

Please let us know if you need any further info. :)

Like this post
karlasillen

Likes # 0

Findamo actually comes with an uninstaller so its very easy to uninstall it. Just go to control panel and click on the uninstall button.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia