We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is Support Soft Container

Border View
Resolved

Likes # 0

I run with Windows 7; I use Avast Anti-virus and Windows firewall. I am with o2 and use their wireless router. I have Spywareblaster, C.Cleaner and Superantispyware installed.

Every now and again when I click on certain sites I get the message that Internet Explorer has blocked this site because Support Soft Contaner /Support Soft Inc is trying to open. Nine times out of ten the connection is blocked.

Can anyone please tell me what this Support Soft Contaner and Support Soft Inc is and does it pose a danger.

Thank you in advance.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

What does O2 need to update? I very much doubt that your connection would be affected by removing whatever it is that O2 needs to update. Are you with O2 for your mobile phone as this update would possibly be connected with connection software?

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Hello Chronus,

I think the My o2 has something to do with any connection problems, not that I ever have any (touch wood), and their online assistance to put them right.

Yes I am with o2 for my mobile, but never connect it to my computer. I don't even go on the internet with it.

I shall uninstall this My o2 and see what happens. Thank you for responding.

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Update: I uninstalled the My o2 Update program yesterday and since then (fingers crossed) I have not had the warning referred to.

Can only assume that thats what it was.

Will now give a green tick.

Thank you all for responding and advice given.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room