We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing PDF files

wotan

Likes # 0

Hi, I am running W7 and using TalkTalk as my internet provider, I have up to date Adobe Reader and use Kaspersky security. My problem is I cannot download or print PDF files. I recently booked a holiday flight with a well known airline which requires you to down load your boarding pass, I have been unable to do this. When I attempt to download or print the file I get a screen message saying system was unable to download the file. I have tried turning Kaspersky off in case this was causing the problem, and have tried downloading a different PDF file from another source but with no luck I would be grateful for any suggestions or advice. Wotan.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Downloading a PDF has little to do with Adobe but can you confirm that this is any PDF or only from this particular site? Are you using IE and have you tried downloading via another browser? What exactly is the error message?

Like this post
wotan

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I am using IE9, when I attempt to download or print a PDF document I am given the option to save the file, shortly after I accept the save command a message appears on screen stating 'Unable to download 'file ref.' giving the reference for the file I was attempting to download/print and asking if I want to re-try or cancel. If I select re-try I get the same result. This problem appears to cover all sites, I have tried to access several PDF files on my electricity supplier site and get the same results and message. I will try a different browser but I have not had this problem in the past, I have succesfully downloaded and printed several PDF files in the past, mainly instruction manuals from hardware suppliers. As far as I am aware my system set-up is still exactly as it was when I downloaded these files.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You could also try uninstalling Adobe as I believe it does have issues with IE 9.I use this. Foxit.

Or you can try some of this.Adobe.

Like this post
wotan

Likes # 0

Chronus, Thank you, I have just downloaded Foxit and tried it on the site I was having problems with. It worked fine, so problem solved. Many thanks, Regards, wotan

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have had this problem with IE9 and some sites and pdf files. Another browser usually sorts it. Interesting to note that the problem may lie with Adobe. However as time has gone on since the introduction of IE9 I have found that more sites now work ok.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......