We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Text Highlighter in pdf?

K*B

Likes # 0

Friends, is text highlighting possible in pdf as it is in WORD? If it is, how can I use it? I need to highlight some text in a pdf document. Is this possible?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

PDF Xchange Viewer has the ability to highlight text in various colours, underline, cross out, add post it style notes, add text (Using Typewriter) and much more. You can save the results as well. An ideal free program for people to use in collaboration documents or for studies. (Download here - Top right)

I replaced Adobe Viewer several years ago.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

PDF Xchange Viewer has the ability to highlight text in various colours, underline, cross out, add post it style notes, add text (Using Typewriter) and much more. You can save the results as well. An ideal free program for people to use in collaboration documents or for studies. (Download here - Top right)

I replaced Adobe Viewer several years ago.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Another one you might like to try is FOXIT ; small but has several advantages over Adobe.

Terry

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

+1 for Foxit. Less bloated than Adobe.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

IIRC, the latest version of Reader includes this as a standard feature.

Like this post
K*B

Likes # 0

Thanks northumbria61, I followed your link to an instructions page on How to Highlight Text in pdf files. I followed the instructions but could not do any highlighting because the highlight text tool was not activated. It is clearly stated under the instructions page that "The highlight text tool can only be activated when documents are rights enabled". How can I rights-enable a pdf document so I can do some highlighting of very important sentences/clauses?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Which PDF program are you using?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

It appears you to have the PRO version of Adobe installed to achieve this enter link description here

But you could try this FREE editor from CNet enter link description here

Like this post
K*B

Likes # 0

I use Adobe. So, if I install the PRO version then it will enable me to rights-enable a pdf document so I can do some highlighting? Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...