We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to transfer photos from a mobile to a desktop?

Triprajul

Likes # 0

Greetings:

My wife has numerous photos stored on her mobile phone. She would like to transfer some of these photos to her desktop computer. When she got her mobile, it came with some attachments like a cable. Can this cable be used to transfer photos from her mobile to her desktop? If possible, and I know that every mobile is different, if someone could provide some basic, perhaps generic, steps, it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about the perhaps simplistic question but we misplaced the instruction booklet that came with the phone.

Finally, I have a final question. I was watching an episode of “Spooks” one night and I saw the following. One of the spooks took the SIM card out of a mobile and put it into some kind of hub-like device plugged into a laptop. Using this method, the spook was able to access everything stored on the SIM, including, I imagine, photos. Is this a realistic method to use? It looks simple but can I actually buy this type of device at, for example, ASDA? Any advice given in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

What phone? What provider?

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

I transfer photos/video's from mobile to PC by removing the memory stick in the mobile and, using an adaptor (from ebay) am then able to connect it via usb, which then shows up as a removable drive.

I then just 'click and drag' to my hard disk to copy them over.

Hope that helps you

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Should have mentioned, you need to be sure the photos are on the memory stick and not the phone memory.

If you have the cables etc for the mobile, it would be worth checking out the user manual as you can, no doubt, use that method too.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Many phones have a micro SD card. You have to st the phone to record photos to the card, not the phone's memory. Then the micro SD is put into a carrier SD (same size as normal ones) . Then you can use an ASDA type card reader for £4 or so.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Without knowing the make and model of the phone it is difficult to advise.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback