We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Software Licencing

douglas1973

Likes # 0

I installed Windows 7 Professional and Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Genuine Advantage on my current computer some time ago. I now want to buy a new computer which has Windows 7 Home Edition installed. Can I remove the Windows 7 Home Edition on the new computer and replace it with the Microsoft Professional 2007 from my current computer and remove the Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Genuine Advantage from my current computer and install it on the new computer without infringing Microsoft's licences?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

If they are both retail versions then yes you can. I have lost count of how many PC's I have had Office 2007 on, and my copy of Windows 7 ultimate is now on its fourth PC.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow