We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

User Account in Vista 32 bit

Taurus

Likes # 0

Hi everyone, I have Vista HP 32 bit OS and I have disabled the User Account Control because it was a pain in the butt, but now I am being pestered by constant warnings telling me that it is turned off that are becoming every bit as annoying as the thing I originally turned off. My question is, does anyone know of any registry hack or some other way to shut it up? Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 1

Different ways to disable enter link description here and this should get rid of the annoying reminders - Control Panel - Classic View - choose Security Center icon -left panel, click Change the way Security Center alerts me - Choose Don't notify me, but display the icon

Like this post
Taurus

Likes # 0

Many thanks for that northumbria61, frustration levels now back down to defcon 4.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite