We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Quicken XG 2004

Xnut

Likes # 0

I have read some of the old correspondence regarding installation of Quicken 2004 on windows 7. I ave installed my version ok by using compatibility mode XP and all seams to work ok. The one issue that I do have is that I cannot print any invoices or post copies to PDF etc. Has anybody else experienced this problem and have they overcome the issue. Thanks for any help Xnut.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

It appears to be a Windows 7 64bit problem (and/or HP Printers) - enter link description here

I am pleased you have posted this problem as I have Quicken XG 2004 (the final release in UK) although I have had Quicken for a lot longer than that (at least 12yrs in total) I don't print a lot from Quicken but your post prompted me to do so seeing as I have Win7 (64bit) and I get the same problem - exactly as described in Link ie: "When i try to print a report the printer acts like it is going to print (i.e.. the carriage moves, etc.) but nothing prints. Nothing shows in the print queue"

So you are not alone!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There's a list here all with the same problem enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Sorry here is the link - enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Ahh! more delving reveals this - hope it helps enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

The last LINK I gave you was for Vista although about the same - here is the one for Windows 7 64bit enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Xnut - I intend to try this out later today - using the last link (Option 1) as I now see that it installs a local printer which will be named as "Quicken-HP Photosmart 8250" (in my case) to be used only for printing Quicken. When printing you will choose which printer to print from, from the drop down list.

Will let you know how I get on.

Like this post
Xnut

Likes # 0

AT LEAST SOMONE ESLE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM AND IT IS NOT JUST ME. hAVE TRIED THE LINK AND COMPLETED ALL DOWNLODS ETC BUT STILL DOES NOT WORK. Thank you for your help.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

This is probably not much because I am one of those for whom XG2004 runs well on a 64-bit W7 PC without messing about in compatability mode. I am not sure what you are trying to print because I do not use invoices, but I can create a PDF very easily and without issues arising.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

QuizMan - Quicken XG 2004 also runs very well for me without using compatibility mode although I don't have much need for printing from it. I have been using Win 7 64 bit since October 2009 when it was first released but it was only this Post that prompted me to try printing from Quicken only to find had the same problem.

Xnut - I am about to try the Options for printing from Quicken so watch this space!

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

northumbria61 - sounds the same as me. I usually print once a year to get some figures for my tax return. Never had a problem.

Xnut - sorry, this is not much help to you, is it?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...