We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where to buy ink

frenchman96

Likes # 0

Hi Guys

I have bought and tried compatable ink from 3 internet companies guaranteeing they would work in my Epson SX115 but they don't.

I believe the odd printer or model, will always reject compatibles.

So where is cheapest place to buy original Epson cartridges please.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

If you are adamant at buying only Epson originals, you may as well buy a new printer each time yours run out of ink!

I used to buy Originals only for my Epson printers, but that was some years ago, I now only use Compatibles and have not had any problems.

I bought my last lot from Choice Stationery, for my current Epson SX445W.

Like this post
frenchman96

Likes # 0

nontec

I hear what you say, and agree to a degree, but (A) I have bought compatables from Inkredink and cartridge people, who GUARANTEE they will work, but they dont.

And (B) its a terrible thing when we have to dump ANOTHER printer to the slag heap, plus, dont they put a min of ink in the printer.

Most annoying thing is, I usually only print the odd letter or small amounts of text, I would like to think I could manage with black only, but don't think its possible?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Perhaps you'd be better off with a low-cost B&W laser for example

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Try www.mx2.com or www.7dayshop.com

Both offer excellent compatibles

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I've always bought compatibles for Epson from Choice Stationery, but I've just bought a new model and they've only got compatible colour carts listed at the moment, so I'm going to try 7 Day Shop, they're listing all four carts for about 50% less than a single black cart.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Tesco supply quite good compatible ink. If you want originals then try Amazon.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

Today had to spend £18.99 on a Canon no37 black...jeez...they have us by the &&&&&&&&.The EU can harp on about roaming fees and other stuff why don't they investigate manufacturers ink pricing.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Refill kits with syringe, instructions and a hand twist drill bit are an alternative.

Bit of a faff.

I mainly print in black or greyscale anyway, but. I left my colour cartridge dry for too long and refilling don't work on that no more (tried soaking and cleaning solution).

The inks of course are cheap. But it's only for home use and a few letters.

Some say the heads can be damaged. But with most models, the head is in the cartridge (except Epsons!). I'm not sure I believe it anyway.

I would use a Print Service for glossy photos if you want long term prints.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Like this post
frenchman96

Likes # 0

thanks guys, it's a minefield, I am now looking bat changing printer, I hear that Kodak ink is one of cheapest?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer