We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where to buy ink

frenchman96

Likes # 0

Hi Guys

I have bought and tried compatable ink from 3 internet companies guaranteeing they would work in my Epson SX115 but they don't.

I believe the odd printer or model, will always reject compatibles.

So where is cheapest place to buy original Epson cartridges please.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Cheapest aint always the best,Remember the old saying ''Buy cheap Buy twice''

Good luck anyway.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I have been buying cartridges from Choice Stationary

for some years for various printers, I buy their "Think" replacements and I have never had a moments trouble. I bought 2 last week and they arrived next day first class post NO delivery charge.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

I thinks you better look at the forums regarding kodak, anyone can sy soemthing in advertisiement to entice you to buy

Like this post
Confab

Likes # 0

strong textOne thing I would say is don’t mix compatibles with originals – In a lot of cases they won’t work. You need to have all originals or all compatibles.

I have an Epson and bought some refillable carts and ink from here Link to S L Parker

The Initial outlay can be a bit of an outlay but below is a copy of a post a made several months ago

“Being just a tad geeky I kept a fairly detailed log of how much ink my printer used over the course of several months.

The printer asked for the black cartridge to be replaced after 8ml of use and each of the three colours after just 5ml of use. So to do the maths.

Empty cartridge cost £19.99

4 Inks (125ml each) £19.99

Syringes £4.99

Total cost £44.97

Black - 125ml divided by 8ml = 16 carts

Colour - 125ml divided by 5ml = 25 carts of each colour)

So for your initial outlay of £44.97 I got the equivalent of 16 blacks and 75 colour cartridges or 91 in total! £44.97 divided by 91 = £0.49p per cartridge.

Of course once you’ve bought the cartridges and the syringes you don’t need to buy them again so the cost to re-purchase just the inks next time is:-

£19.99 divided by 91 = £0.22 per cartridge”

It's a no brianer really.

Your carts are just £15.99 and the ink is also cheaper than when I purchased it so the initial outlay and running costs will be even cheaper for you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......