We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT Yahoo mail unable to delete spam

compumac
Resolved

Likes # 0

Win 7, BT Yahoo mail - I am finding specifically on my one PC that when accessing the Yahoo e-mails and clicking on the spam folder, selecting the e-mails to delete and then clcking any of the three options to delete- nothing happens. Sometimes a dialogue box appears "asking are you sure"and replying yes, does delete them, that scenario seems to be occuring far less frequently. If I go onto any of my other PC's I do not have a problem. How can I resolve this difficulty? I thought that there might be an option within BT Yahoo to repair but have not found anything.

Like this post
p;3

Likes # 0

If this only occurs on one machine a question might be .. do you have a pop- up blocker on that machine that maybe stops a dialogue box from appearing on the server ?

That said, have you tried to use Mailwasher so you do not even need to access the server itself to preview and eliminate the spam emails?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

p;3 No popup blocker and it does not happen every time. I have three PC's all with the same configuration and programmes and it is only happening with one.

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

compumac,

Perhaps the confirmation window is sometimes getting hidden behind the main window?

Try using Alt-Tab is navigate to the hidden window.

Peter.

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

"Try using Alt-Tab is navigate to the hidden window."

Should read "Try using Alt-Tab to navigate to the hidden window.

Peter.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

I use BT yahoo.

Just a thought but as it is web based I wonder if your PC is working hard on other things (either intentionally or not) and that it is "stalling" when it is dealing with requests to and from Yahoo.

Might be worth seeing what your CPU and RAM usage is when it's misbehaving.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Peter.

No it is not hidden.

Mooly.

Will look at that when it happens again.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Hvae you thought of downloading new copy of BTYahoo toolbar from BT.com?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

mooly.

I think that your answer was probably right in respect of the PC busy doing other things. If I select the e-mails and then click on delete immediately they are sometimes deleted, but not every time.

I now select the Spam e-mail messages and then wait until the cpu is just ticking over and then click on delete and they are deleted every time.

I just wonder as to why this has only started to happen recently

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...