We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Any way to test onboard graphics card?

edenworkshops

Likes # 0

Hello

I think I may be having problems with my onboard graphics card.

Is there any way I can test it?

Thank you

Richard

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Do you mean the graphics which are part of the motherboard or a separate graphics card?

There are a selection of both here which may help, but a bit more information such as motherboard or graphics card make and type and the symptoms would help.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

As you have on-board graphics I am not so sure that there is such a stress test. I use Furmark, but do not know if it will stress on-board graphics.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

johndrew

Other post.

Like this post
edenworkshops

Likes # 0

The graphics card is built onto the mother board

Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer Inc., P4P800-MX, Rev 1.xx,

Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, 64 Mb

Symptoms?

A pC game I use frequently appears fuzzy and to big for the screen, sometimes when in use it jumps back to the correct size.

Richard

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Does this problem only occurs in gaming?.

Like this post
edenworkshops

Likes # 0

Yes only this one PC game seems to be affected, otherwise nothing on my screen is amiss.

Richard

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

You could try running the DirectX diagnostics. You should find it at C:\WINDOWS\system32\dxdiag.exe (I assume it still applies to versions of Windows after XP which I'm still running). It will take you through a series of tests (the ones on Display test, in particular)

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

That should have read "......(the ones on Display tab, in particular)"

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Change the screen resolution for just that one game (snowy the bear's adventures)

Like this post
edenworkshops

Likes # 0

I tried using the DX diagnostic tool, everythings ok, no problems.

At the moment the game is behaving itself, I could try changing the screen resolution, but the game appears distorted and fuzzy, so there is a probelm somewhere.

Richard

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today