We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Slow typing

SparkyJack
Resolved

Likes # 0

In trying to clean up and speed up a desktop PC - it got worse - so the owner reports. She says- ' When typing an E-mail into Inredimail- the text on screen will either not appear - or sill appear after tying in a rush or even appear with whole sentences missing .'

I wonder however is this not more to do with the Internet connection being slow rather than the machine? What do you all think?

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Unless a "web-based" email service is being used, any typing into the editor of an email program is done only in the local machine. It wouldn't necessarily need to be connected to the internet until the message was being sent, so her problem isn't internet based.

When the problem is present, she should have a look in Task Manager to see if something is using an excessive amount of the CPU resources. If the CPU is running at 100%, then there is an issue with an application which leaves no resources to do anything else, hence the unresponsive typing.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

It is sometimes an "unresponsive" Incredimail problem. You can go to Control Panel - Program & Features - Incredimail - instead of uninstall you should get the option to repair.

Like this post  
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Or in the case of Windows 7 when you select uninstall it will give you the option to Upgrade.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I would say the problem is more down to Incredimail. It does have its quirks at time, and this is probably one of them?.

I and a number of my friends use to have Incredimail, because it was fun, but after time, and a few problems, most of us no longer use this program.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

If she doesn't experience the same lag when typing locally in e.g. Word, it would seem to point to an Incredimail or web connection problem rather than a PC performance problem.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Thank you All your thoughts confirm my own Slow Internet and quirky Webmail server.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote