We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

D100 Router

foakesy

Likes # 0

Hi

I am using a 3 Dongle with no problems if its plugged in direct to my PC. I also share my internet connection using a D100 Router but using this method it restricts what websites I can use. any ideas a way round this problem ?

Cheers in advance

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

What exactly do you mean by "it restricts what websites I can use"?

What is your setup when you're sharing the internet? i.e. is the dongle still plugged in to your PC and you're sharing it from there or is it plugged directly into the router?

Do you experience the same problem on all PCs connected to the network?

Like this post
foakesy

Likes # 0

Hi The dongle is plugged into router and 2 laptops run off this set up.

If you try a "risque" website or Isohunt etc 3 mobile appears to block access.However if Dongle is plugged direct to either laptop no restrictions occur.

Im sure problem is with Router but want to know what settings will cause this to happen....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more