We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DVD Player/Burner Specification

Newuser939

Likes # 0

I have a Samsung RF711 laptop and the DVD player is listed as a TSSTcorp DVDWBD TS-LB23D. I am sure that it will play (but not record to) blueray discs and play and record to most flavours of CD and DVD. However, I have not been able to find out whether it will record to dual layer DVD's. Does anyone know?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Download SIW portable and click storage devices (on the left). On the right scroll down to the DVD optical drive. Some AV might complain about the program so you might have to allow it to run.

Like this post
Newuser939

Likes # 0

Thank you for that. Having run SIW, it appears that dual layer format DVD's are supported.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Or install freebie Imgburn one of the best burneres around it will tell you exactly what you can play or burn also it will check for firmware updates . All you ne ot do is go to Discovery>Tools>drive> capabilities which shows all you can do Note you cant tick the boxes yourself then click on check for firmware updates at the bottom of the same display Imgburn

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...