We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't connect my computer by WIFI

logrin

Likes # 0

I have just installed a wireless modem router. NETGEAR N150 D1000 It was installed successfully, connecting WIFI to an i pod and also a mobile but I can't get it to connect to my computer.

When I disconnect the computer from the lead to the router, my computer network3 is closed, when I try to connect the router with the connection in place, the NETWORK router won't accept my username or password which works on the other appliances. This means that my computer can't be used in another room.

I have telephoned the NETWORK helpline but the reply was Gobblegook and the advisor unintelligible, I am very deaf and he was a foreigner.

The only thing I could grasp was that I should contact Sony to reset my network settings?

I am waiting to receive my new I Pad today and just hope that this problem won't affect it's installation

logrin

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

What is the "computer" that you're trying to connect wirelessly to the router? Is it a Desktop PC and if so, does it actually have a Wireless Network Adapter installed?

Laptops/Notebooks/Netbooks do almost always have a Wireless Adapter incorporated, but this isn't usually the case with Desktop PCs.

Like this post
logrin

Likes # 0

I have a laptop with network connection logrin

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

You need to make sure the WiFi is turned on (either a switch on the side somewhere, or a combination of Fn and one of the function keys). You then need to search for wireless networks. When you find yours, click connect - it will then ask you for the wireless security key which is usually printed on the router somewhere.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...