We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MS Office

Truronian

Likes # 0

I am running MS XP with SP3 and MS Office Home and Student. Yesterdeay Adobe Acrobat downloaded an update. Last night I was unable to ope any of the MS programs. The "busy" symbol appeared as it tried to open bu to no avail.Is the problem due to the Adobe download? Any suggestions s to how to get MS working again. i have no MS disk.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

^ (just bumping up to top of page for you)

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

I doubt it is anything to do with Acrobat but there is one way of finding out. Uninstall Acrobat from Control panel Add/Remove programs. If Office works after that then it is indeed something to do with Acrobat. If not then you have exonerated Acrobat and can reinstall it.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

You can download the single image version of Microsoft Office 2010 from here and the Product Key that you already have will determine which version is installed. If you don't know your Product Key, download, install and run Belarc Advisor which will show the keys of all installed software.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Could be a corrupt Normal.dot or Normal.dotm global template file.

Click here instructions on possible solutions.

If you click on the 'On this page' table it will give you a summery list of the solutions including replacing the Normal.dot template.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You can download Office 2010.exe to use with your Home and Student product key from heidoc link to MS DigitalRiver (official MS site). Scroll down the page to the 3rd block of lists and the English (USA) Single Image version. Or if you have Office 2007 Home and Student it's ClickHere

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...