We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unknown Device in device manager.

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have this unknown device in device manager,It has no file or driver,I have tried everything to get rid of it including deleting it but on reboot it appears again.

Tried removing it and running C Cleaner but it keeps returning on reboot.

Tried Intel and nothing there to help.

This is the only thing I can find about it.Unknown device on Intel(R) ICH7 Family LPC Interface Controller - 27B8

I don't think there is anything that will fix it.Just wanted to know if there was a way to remove it from the Device manager.

I can disable it but sometimes it appears enabled again.

The problem is I think that the computer keeps looking for updates for it and I have noticed a slight slow down on opening pages in PCA.

Googled for it and so far found no fix for it.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I suppose you've already installed the Win7 chipset drivers. link

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave13

Actually Intel says the chipset drivers were up to date When using the driver search tool this morning.

Getting a bit lost here I take it Intel and Foxconn have different chipsets or are they the same.

Just gone into device manager System Devices and updated a few Intel drivers on there.

my computer is only about 2 year old so I would imagine it has all of those updates shown in Foxconn.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If the PC came with Windows 7 then yes it should have all the drivers on the disc supplied. If not and you've installed Win 7 then expand Motherboards Drivers : System & Chipset Drivers in the link and you should see that Win 7 32 and 64-bit drivers are different from XP and Vista. That last link didn't work showing the Chipset drivers expanded. Disregard if it came with Win 7.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave13

You have a point there.The computer came without an O/S but I don't think that I had to use the driver Cd that came with it.

Just checked with Amazon and my computer is a bit older than I thought.October 2009.

Will have a look tomorrow and see if I can find the CD.

Now following this.

Manufacturer Foxconn Model G31MX Series (Socket 775) Version OEM Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model P35/G33/G31 Chipset Revision 10 Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model 82801GB (ICH7/R) Southbridge Revision A1

Chipset vendor is Intel so should I be getting my downloads from them or is that for different chipsets.Intel says I am up to date.If you think I should download the W/7 ones from Foxconn I will.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

lotvic

Not in the Bios but it was in Services.Disabled it and stopped it running.Rebooted but no difference so started it again.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I am going to assume the computer came with all of the drivers preinstalled. The CD that I found I think was for an earlier computer.

So going to class this as resolved and maybe find out how to remove the unknown device at a later date.

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

lotvic

Had another look in the Bios for IR and it was not there on it's own.

I did find IR DA Duplex Mode and that is set to half Duplex or you can change it to full Duplex but no way of turning it off.

Should have noticed that when I first searched.

So can rule that out as a fix.

I get bored searching all of the time so I usually have a day or so off then try Googling again.

Will find something eventually.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow