We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Drive

gel

Likes # 0

I am reading a lot about google drive and I am confused ,so I have come to my normal temple of knowledgeable friends. I have used google docs for a long time for items that are not confidential very often down loads/scanning's like tax tables from newspapers For documents I use USB sticks which I carry with me and use on desk tops/lap tops Weekly I back up the USB to the desk top My google doc now has a heading DRIVE I have not downloaded Drive and at present I can see no benefits. I use Picasa for pictures I understand that if I create a document in drive it will be stored 'in the sky' and also on my hard discs both desk top and lap top by syncing So can any one tell me I have got it all wrong and that I should GO FOR A DRIVE ( google drive ) that is I am sure some one has tried it Thank you gel

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 1

I use DropBox Found here. i think Google have lost there way in regards to privacy these days so am not sure I want to trust them with my stuff using Google drive.

I am very happy with the 20GB free I have with DropBox and it has never let me down.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

Useful if you want to store something off site - not subject to harddrive failure etc. the equivalent of a company storing things on a server.

I have a few docs, that I would hate to lose, stored this way however I wouldn't store anything with passwords banknumbers or incriminating :0) with google.

Like this post
gel

Likes # 0

Thank you very much for your comments During the week there seems to have been a lot of excitement regarding google drive but I cannot see why I would agree, committing sensitive info to Google may seem foolhardy still I do not think any one would be interested in breaking into my gmail messages gel

Like this post
kdt

Likes # 1

After reading the small print of their terms & conditions I would not be interested.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED