We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Java 7 update 4 now out

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

the major geeks link does not work.

goto control panel - java - press update button and it loads ok.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

Ok thanks for that now updated.

Read somewhere that you only need to download the 64bit version of flash now if using 64bit-32bit version of W/7 there is no need to download the 32Bit version as well.

Is it the same with java or am I getting mixed up.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

butemab

i do not know i am still all 32 bit

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

I may have got that wrong maybe it just installs both at the same time.Never mind.thanks for the update.

Not sure if it is my imagination or not but pages seem to be loading that bit quicker with that update.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

buteman yes i saw that too,[during install it pauses for two mins, if others wonder has it froze, no just leave it]

even pca is slightly quicker

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

Not being a major geek, mine updated, but only from 1.6031 to 1.6032, still version 6.

According to oracle's website, V.7. is still a developers' release.

On this page, selecting 'Downloads' at the top will check if you have the latest version, and clicking the big 'Free Java Download' will download the latest version available for your system.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

A bit garbled that. I meant, 1.60.31 to 1.60.32 and the big 'Free Java Download' button...

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

sunnystaines, thanks for the information. I will wait for Verification before I install. Same kids gloves as with Shockwave/Flash installations. Install too soon and you could land in some difficulties.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Just downloaded jre7 update 4 from filehippo.com, no problems.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...