We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson sx115 cartridge advice

frenchman96

Likes # 0

Hi Guys

I need ink cartridges for my Epson sx 115 printer, and a bit spoilt for choice with the big collection of compatible and genuione suppliers.

I bought some compatible this week but am sending them back, 3 different boxes so the company obviously buy in from different companies.

The frustrating thing is, I virtually only print the odd letter, so I thought I could get buy with black only, but apparently its not that straight forward.

Any advice on genuine/compatible, and best suppliers from your experience.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Most obtain produtcs from several suppliers. With epsons the biggest ink use is when turning on and off.

I have never had any problems and use Disc Depot. I always try to use my R265 which has a CISS this has cuts costs by a great deal

Like this post
frenchman96

Likes # 0

Thats probably why the first print takes a long time to actually start printing.

What is r265 and CISS

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

r265 is the Epson model name/number.

CISS is Continuous Ink Supply System. This is usually ink filled bottles that are connected via a pipe to a cartridge in the printer, so provides a continuous ink supply. Its then a case of filling the bottles when the ink levels become low. Not all printers can use this method.

There is also 'refillable cartridges', that you can 'top-up' as required. Again, not for all printers and models. You could check on somewhere like eBay for both methods mentioned.

With regards to supplies, then that is usually a personal choice, depending on previous dealings. I find that compatibles are usually just as good as manufacturer's own branded, from the supplies I obtain.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow