We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost the Internet sxplorer Icon

micemews

Likes # 0

The Internet Explorer Icon normally appears on the task bar when I start my PC. Today I dragged it accidentally somewhere, I don't know where, but now it does not appear on the task bar on start up. Could anyone tell me please how to put it back. Thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Maybe you accidentally shortened your Quick Launch Toolbar and the icon has become hidden. Right click the Taskbar and select Lock the Taskbar to unlock it. Then drag your Quick Launch bar to make it wider and it may appear. Then lock the Taskbar again.

If that doesn't work then follow Chronus' advice, and then once it is displayed on the Desktop just drag it down into the position you require.

Like this post
micemews

Likes # 0

Thanks for your replies. Firstly let me say I am using Wiondows xp. I have tried widening the taskbar as suggested by sea urchin, but it wont go any wider. What I think I did when I lost it was to accidentially drag it off the taskbar. In view of this information is your advice now to go ahead and follow the advice of Chronus. Thanks

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Sorry been out all evening. I didn't mean to try and enlarge the Taskbar, but to unlock the Quick launch bar as described above and then drag the dotted lines to the right along the Taskbar to make it wider (from left to right).

It sounds as though the icon may have been dropped into another folder on the desktop. Yes, recreate the icon. Easiest way in XP is to click Start - All Programs - right click on Internet Explorer and hover over Send To. Select Desktop (Create Shortcut) then drag that icon onto the Quick Launch Toolbar. Make sure it is locked afterwards - should have a tick against it as described above.

Like this post
micemews

Likes # 0

Thanks Sea Urchin. I have been out all evening too.I have done what you suggested and Internet Explorer is now on my taskbar. Thanks also Chronus.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback