We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

32gb micro sdcard fail.

barryhall

Likes # 0

I bought a 32gb micro sdhc card recently and inserted it into my ARCHOS g9 tablet. I copied lots of files onto it,, and the PC that I was copying from gave the message "cannot copy a file". I ok'd the message to miss out the file, and carry on, but the copy froze. I tried to carry on copying more files, but the PC sait it couldnt read the card any more. The card remains unuseable, it is not formattable and is unreadable. Can anyone offer any help to let me rescue the card?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 1

Did you format it before using it for the first time? I don't own a tablet but I think that with that size card the best way would have been to format the card using a PC - others may differ.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 1

You haven't by any chance got a write protect switch on the side of the card - if so check this is not set to on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...