We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Back up

highside

Likes # 0

Morning, could someone tell me please, what is the easiest way to -

I have photographs stored on an external USB HD (mains powered) and I want to back them up automatically to USB external drives?

Win 7 64bit 8GB RAM

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Have a look at Easeus Todo Backup. It allows scheduling.

Consider signups for on-line Cloud Storage and Sync such as Dropbox/new MS Skydrive/new Google Drive.

Backing up to CD/DVD or USB Flash drives is not considered reliable for long term storage.

Other HDDs and on-line are the best ways.

Like this post
highside

Likes # 0

Sorry forgot to say that all drives are HD external USB connected, not flash or DVD etc. Thanks for replying

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

I have never found any problems useing Win 7s own backups to external drives

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I endorse the comments made by sharpamat

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

I am using EaseUS, because my Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium 'Backup and Restore' in 'Control Panel' will not work. I have tried repair several times, but that does nothing. It is most odd because everything else in 'Control Panel' opens up quickly, but not backup. Really weird, but I wonder how many others have found this as well, and so, as I, have to use another programme.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There is a link here which suggests that if you have ever used Acronis True Image for Backups and it has not been fully uninstalled it may well have interfered with Windows Backup & Restore function.

enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

A fix here - I am assuming you may have used Acronis at some time - enter link description here

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

northumbria61,

Many thanks - for BOTH posts!! I have copied them and will try the first and then the second, if it doesn't work!!

Many, many thanks once more!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...