We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Saving a website for offline reading?

vpyne

Likes # 0

Hi,

I have an upcoming university project which requires me to create promotional material in any format. I would like to create a website but I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to save a entire website on a disk of some sort without the actual website being live? I know it's possible to save individual web pages but I'm not sure if it's possible to save the entire site. The reason I ask is because I need to submit at a particular deadline and hand the website in on a disk so that it can not be edited after the deadline has passed but I feel it would be more effective if it could be navigated as it if were live (without it actually being live).

Can anyone help?

Like this post
rubyrubyruby

Likes # 0

I forget the name of the extension for chrome but it lets you save a website in basically one click - it won't be annoying like make a folder for you with images and all that stuff. (like what it would do if you just clicked Ctrl + S to save it.)

so google that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes