We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

want to keep my personal previous searches in google

march

Likes # 0

Hiya

so annoying that I use to be able to keep my personal previous searches in the drop down box in google but for whatever reason it no longer stores my personal search, the box I’m talking about is the one where the cursor starts when you first bring google up with the search box under the 'google' sign (today it's in the middle of a zip) if for instance I’ve typed ‘pcadvisor’ then close it down, the next time I go on google click in the box with letter P then it will show underneath the box ‘pcadvisor’ I would then click on it and it would automatically go into the search box without me having to type it out does anyone know how I can get it to retain my searches please?

I have ie settings on save history for 3days & for it not to delete browsing history on exit I don’t know what else I can try

Thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

For IE - Tools - Internet Options - Content Tab - Auto Complete - Use Auto Complete Settings - tick your selections - click OK

Like this post
march

Likes # 0

hiya northumbria61

already have those all checked thanks anyway

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try resetting IE -

1. Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

2. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.

3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

6. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, click OK, and then click OK again.

7. Close Internet Explorer.

Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite