We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

orangehome emails

catpwss
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi,Does anyone know how long does orangehome keep emails on their server,How far back would it be possible to retrieve an email from maybe 2008 would be. Is that possible or can I say goodbye to 2006 email.And if the answer might be in my favour how would I get to it??. many thanks.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Orange allocate you an allowance of storage space on the server - usually 500Mb. Plus you can only have a maximum of 1000 emails in the Inbox.

See here

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Usually they are downloaded from the server to your PC and removed from the server unless you have selected the option to save a copy on the server.

Like this post  
catpwss

Likes # 0

Looks like that Iv'e had my chips. Many thanks both.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Your e-mail client may have automatically archived them and if you backed up your emails then they could still be found.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Woolwell.How will I be able to find that,I have been on the orange webmail and all the emails that are there are only back to january 2011.As sea urchin said that only a thousand emails they hold,As you can imagine a thousand emails can easily mount up. Thanks.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Update just looked at my orange webmail and at the top left it states 16% of 1GB.Does that mean anything?? Thanks.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Did you read the e-mails though Outlook Express or another email client or by webmail? If your emails are at orange webmail then I assume you have used webmail in which you are stuck.

The 16% could be filled by spam. Have you looked in the spam/junk folder?

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Yea Thanks for that info.I never used the web mail,Always used outlook express on the xp pc,Now use thunderbird on windows 7,But regarding spam folder cant seem to see a spam folder on the orange webmail. See screenshot.Thanks. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MYYBW.jpg[/IMG]

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It is the junk folder. The 16% is almost certainly in your folders at the bottom..

As you have moved from one system to another I suspect that unless you kept a back up of the old emails then they have gone.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July