We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wi fi printing

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Our print/scanner is very good but its usb connected. it says it also a network printer on the side.

its a HP2575 all in one printer scanner. Does anyone if can be converted to being a wi fi printer or is it network cable only to use on a network.

• Tags:
  • hp
Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I don't think you have Wi-Fi. i grabbed this off the HP website.

Connectivity USB 2.0 Hi-speed : Microsoft Windows 98, 2000 Professional, Me, XP Home, and XP Professional; Mac OS X 10.2 and later.

PictBridge : Microsoft Windows 98, 2000 Professional, Me, XP Home, and XP Professional; Mac OS X 10.2 and later.

Bluetooth (optional) : Microsoft Windows XP Home and XP Professional.

Ethernet : Microsoft Windows 98, 2000 Professional, Me, XP Home, and XP Professional; Mac OS X 10.2 and later.

So it looks like Ethernet only, good luck in setting it up.My one and only HP printer was arguably my worst for setting up connectivity. After a couple of months I flung it on freecycle and went back to Epson. Simplicity itself.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Chronus.........thank you

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

If you connect your printer/scanner by ethernet to a wireless router and set it up as a network device you should be able to print from any wirelessly connected PC/Laptop that the printer driver can be installed on

Not sure about the scanner though you would need to further research

I do however remember from a very long time back Win95 days that a software named "Cuniform Nest" or something very close to this did allow use of a scanner over a network

Cheers HC

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

T0SH

good tip thank you

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015