We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Emails not being received

geedad

Likes # 0

I have 2 PC's. One is a Windows 7, 64 bit i5Inte, PC, and the other , older PC is an XP. I use Windows Live Mail on the Windows 7, and Outlook Express (6), on the XP. The XP is picking up emails, but the Windows 7 'misses' them. At one time they came through simultaneously. Because I use VirgiMedia services, I CAN go to my account and their Website to check my emails, and they are always there, but can anyone let me know how to ensure that the WIN.7 and the XP receive emails together. It is inconvenient to go to my account everytime to check emails!

geedad

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

On your outlook settings have you checked the 'Leave on server option' is ticked on both machines, otherwise when they are received by one machine they are no longer available for the other.

Terry

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I see that you are with Virgin. You need to add recent to the start of your e-mail address in the settings See Virgin Media help and look at article 12.

A better answer may be to switch to imap instead of pop How to use imap

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

Terry Brown

'Leave on server option'...........

Could you explain how to do that, please, Terry Brown

geedad

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Probably do that later, and thank you once more.

geedad

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Do what later?

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Leave message on server

Open Outlook Accounts Advanced Tick box at bottom

You can also select how long to leave them on the server for.

Do this for all accounts that require loading to both machines

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features