We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adobe flash player problems

Scubaman
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am trying to play a video from my ISP home page and keep getting the message: Your system status We're sorry You need to update your flash player. I have downloaded the update but still get the same message. I have tried uninstalling all adobe programs and restarting then reinstalling adobe programs, but alas, still get the same message. Any ideas?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try downloading the Uninstall for Adobe Flash to completely remove it before installing the latest version enter link description here

Like this post
Scubaman

Likes # 0

Thanks for that but it didn't fix it. It is still the same.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Try watching on Chrome instead of IE. Chrome (I'm told) updates itself automatically.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If using I/E go to View then Zoom set it to 100% reboot and see if it makes any difference.

If not leave it at 100% and try and download the latest version to your computer without running it.Use the uninstaller to remove the old version and reboot your computer to safe mode and then Install the new version that you have downloaded to your computer.

I had the same problem last year and it took me about 3 weeks to get it sorted.it may be something to do with active X.

All programs have to be closed when downloading it as there are many different programs that use Flash and it will not download properly if any of those are open.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

My old post from last year,maybe something in there that might help.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/396328/latest-flash-update-will-not-work/?ob=datea&pn=2

Like this post
Scubaman

Likes # 0

Tried everything but still no joy with IE. Dowloaded firefox and yep, all works ok now. I will stick with firefox until I have more time to mess around. Thanks all.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback