We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

htc desire reboots all the time

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

first 18 mths of phone it was first class, then it started rebooting when going on the internet on most occasions, now reboots anytime if using it.

the reboots used to be one or two continious reboots but now gets stuck in constant reboot which comes on at random and will not stop till battery taken out for about 10 mins.

the battery still lasts very well, reset to factory settings does not help.

the web was full of similar reboot sagas many reported sending back for repair but returning with same problem.

spoke to htc who said warranty is two years and they would cover repair but not keen to go without the phone for a week or more then get in faulty again. cannot renew to a new phone till early june.

anyone else had this, i know of two others who have similar problems too without a fix, keen to listen to any suggestions.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

butman

what a disappointment HTC is, I am sitting it out and changing to samsung in early june, had enough of htc.

very surprised been no press on the poor quality of htc. the web was a big eye opener. did you read the htc owns forum all on there too.

when the desire first came out every was buying it now they are all sending them back but the trouble is they mostly come back with the same fault.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

Yes had a look in the htc Forum and a lot of unhappy customers on there.Looks like an update in November caused an awful lot of different problems which they never got round to fixing.

Had a Samsung phone before and must admit it was a really good phone but the battery life was fairly poor.had to charge it nearly every day so hope they have fixed that problem.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

phone went into reboot this not getting as far as the start up noise after hours removing battery and restarting managed to get it going by moving the sd card slightly during start. [wondering if that is where the fault could be]

"3" said today you can upgrade the phone now 4 month early than the 3 months it used to be so hurry up 7th may.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure if you can put that sim card in the wrong way.had a look at the daughters and actually fitting it the correct way was not that clear.may have been my poor eyesight mind you.

Some of those web sites that buy 2nd hand phones will offer you £40-£45 for that one Providing it starts.Mind you not sure about the "3" network phones.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

butman

sim card was ok but after placing battery in place left back cover off and put my fingernail between sd card and battery to move it a fraction of a mm while rebooting. only using phone for phone calls now till i trade it in for an early upgrade just hope down here they do the same offer i was told about up north. At once stage i thought the phone was knackered for good and never start again each reboot cycle gets worse.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Can you borrow a different sd card or try without it?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woolwel

thanks will consider that next time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more