We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Need urgent help

frenchman96

Likes # 0

Hi Guys

I am a "hopefully" competent pc user, but I have my sons laptop with me and cannot fix, so appreciate any help.

PROBLEM>>turn on power, it makes 2 rumbling sounds, then a white screen appears, no boot up data appears.

I have tried to boot using F8 for safe mode but no luck.

It is a HP G7000, and o/s is Vista.

I will take it to a pc shop if need be, but I would like to know fault in case they tell me the problem is something its not.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You give very little to go on, but does this happen whilst on mains and battery? do the fans on the underside spin? if not give them a clean>You can usually remove the fan cover by removing four screws then use a soft brush to give the fans a clean.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Is there a Factory restore button on it.Not sure if it would be F11 or not.

Have checked the Bios to make sure it is starting with the correct drive.

Rumbling sounds could be the hard drive I suppose.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

if not f11 try f10 during bootup.

Like this post
frenchman96

Likes # 0

Onus--I have mentioned the problem is when ON power, I have given model, o/s, and exactly what happens when I switch on, dont know what else to say?

I have tried f8 f10 f11 but nowt happens.

At this stage, I have not located fans, but will try.

Thing to note, is that there is no boot up showing any text at all, it is simply a white screen, the puzzling thing is that it sometimes plays the welcome sound when turning off.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Try Connecting it to an external monitor to see if you still get the same problems.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Having a Google for the problem Video cable renewal is mentioned a few times.

It seems the more the lid is opened and shut on the Laptop the more likely it is to stretch the video cable in some models.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Game of Thrones VFX work wins Emmy for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...