We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

power problem

SAEED SHAIKH

Likes # 0

hi i have a samsung laptop which model is rv510. its was working fine but last 2 days when im preassing power button its on only for 3 sec, its show sumsung disply screen and thaan turn off, and than again again same procedure but its on only couple of sec and but, than i takeoff battery even im take ram out from laptop same condition than im fully open laptop and takeoff battery but same now im trying to copy bios but its not booting from usb stick if any body have know any solution plz let me know on my email thx saeedshaikhs@hotmail.com same id has yahoo.com or gmail.com

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Try tapping F8 or F5 as the Laptop starts to get into safe mode.See if it starts that way.

Try removing the Battery and power cord.Holsd down the Start button for 50 seconds.Plug in the power cord again and try without the battery.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

As an addion to buteman It is never a wise option to post your email address on an open forum. It may be worthwile contacting the FE to edit this out

Like this post

Likes # 0

Might be worth checking that the lid switch is not stuck in the 'down' position - I had this same problem on a Dell and a bit of switch cleaner solved the problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback