We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

trouble with photo glossy paper

lottied

Likes # 0

Hi, I have an epson R340 photo printer, been working fine with normal paper but last few attempts with A4 glossy it just runs the paper through really quickly & prints nothing?! It's a few years old so wondering if it's on it's last legs, or is there an explanation? All settings have been put to glossy etc. Thanks for any input.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Are you trying single sheets or multiple sheet feeding?.

What is the brand name of glossy paper, are you trying to use?.

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

lottied,

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R800 and sometimes when I use glossy 280 gsm card it goes straight through the printer with nothing printed on it. I just re-insert the card and press the Form Feed button and it usually prints on the card that time.

As spuds indicates, use only one sheet at a time for best printer behaviour.

Peter.

Like this post
lottied

Likes # 0

Hi,

Spuds, It's Rymans 240gsm premium heavyweight & it was just a single sheet it rejected.

Peter, thanks will try that when I find the form-feed button?!

Lottie.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

..when I find the form-feed button..

Usually next to the On/Off button

Like this post
lottied

Likes # 0

Thanks.

I've got mem card, speciality print & mode, have found paper feed? Sorry I'm not good at this stuff, it just needs to work or I'm lost!

Did try printing again though, it ran through a blank glossy then printed on the 2nd sheet which was plain. Re loaded with 2 glossy & it printed the 2nd 1 - got a mind of it's own.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Checking over the internet, this problem seems to be well known with that printer, especially if you use ultra premium glossy paper.

I would try Epson support for advice,they may have an answer, but most likely they might suggest that you take the printer to one of their agents, or buy a new printer, if you want to keep using with glossy photo paper, especially if its an old machine.

Changing the drivers might be another idea. I had a problem with one of my Epson's, and Epson support told me to download and use driver's from another model. It worked!.

If they suggest that you use only Epson photo paper, then consider that Epson might not manufacture photo glossy paper?.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

My Kodak printer was having the same problem. Kodak said it was the print head. Luckily still under warrantee and sent a replacement. Problem solved.

Just a thought.

Like this post
lottied

Likes # 0

Many thanks for all your replies. Will try Epson support then maybe another driver, failing that will be back for advice on which model to buy next! Lottie.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Just a thought.

It maybe that the Paper that you have chosen is too heavy for the Printer.

Most Printers have a limit on the Thickness/Rigidity of the paper that they can print.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room