We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

web pages

nutty norm

Likes # 0

Why is there a gap at the top of my web page, i have just got a new computer and the operating system is windows 7 home premium, the setting on my old computer screen was 1024-768 windows XP, MY LCD is a 19 inch square type so i think is is set for a wide screen is there any way i can get back the old setting the guy who set up the new computer put on a DVI Lead i wonder if this makes a difference, nutty norm

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Right click the desktop and select Personalize. In the window that opens select display at bottom left. Select Adjust resolution or Change Display Settings. See what you can set up from there.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Is it just web pages or rather I E or Firefox or whatever you use or is the desktop smaller than your monitor all the time?

Like this post
nutty norm

Likes # 0

Thanks to rdave for answering my question, thanks all concerned, nutty norm

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes