We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Opening Images In MS Paint At Original Size

dogbreath1

Likes # 0

I have some rectangular images which, on paper, are 9.6 cm high x 7.6 cm wide.

When scanned at 500 dpi, the resultant images were saved at 1887 pixels high x 1499 pixels wide. When the image properties are checked, the original size is still recorded at 9.6 cm x 7.6 cm, as you'd expect.

I'm trying to merge a number of these images in MS Paint so I can print off 'collages' on single sheets of A4.

I have set the MS Paint image attributes to the equivalent of A4 paper, namely 297 mm high x 210 mm wide, but when I import the first image it is larger than the Paint page. I'm guessing that this is happening because of the default resolution of the Paint page.

A solution would be welcome to enable me to open images in Paint at there original size rather that there size in pixels.

Any help welcome!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I do not use MS paint. It is very basic and I believe the default resolution is 92dpi. For printing the final image for most purposes does not need to exceed 300dpi, but 92 is a bit too little. Most software allows you to define the "background" resolution of the sheet so the problem you encounter does not happen. In my case, using Photoshop, I have a blank saved at 300 dpi and size A4. Then just before copying and pasting the image, I ensure the final resolution is 300dpi, keeping the physical size as required. To save paper I usually use 7x5in to get 2 to a page. If you must use MS paint you could reduce the resolution to 92dpi. If I were you I would instead, use the free paint.net where you can do a lot of editing before printing.Have a look at paint.net Create a A4 sheet at 300dpi first then proceed as above using paint.net to change the resolution.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

PS reduce the resolution of your images to 300dpi in paint.net

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...