We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP Photosmart b110a - Will not Scan, but prints fine

Guady

Likes # 0

I hope someone can help me! I have tried to scan a document today - first time for a while - and it won't work. I get a message that a scanner is not installed! However, this is an All in One, sireless Printer / Scanner and the printer is working fine. I have tried looking on the HP site but it wasn't any help at all. I thought I'd ask for advice because I don't want to try something myself and then find that I've lost printing as well. Does anyone have any suggestions, please? I can only imagine that something has gone wrong during one of HP's updates or similar. Please help! (I use Windows 7)

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I would try reinstalling the drivers for the device

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have a look here enter link description here

Like this post
Guady

Likes # 0

Thanks for your replies. The problem seems to be solved. I tried the Diagnostic Tool but it said it wasn't properly installed, so I put in the original disk and went from there. It seemed eventually to be something to do with the Shortcuts - so I re-set up a couple of these and that seems to have solved the problem. Would like to thank you for your help.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Don't forget to mark this as Resolved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites