We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

add ons

chrisod

Likes # 0

when i visit some sies i get a pop up saying add on failed to work or something similar not had a problem before with the sites is there anything i can do??

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I presume you are using Firefox; if correct which version and have you updated recently?

Like this post
chrisod

Likes # 0

no i`m using i.e.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

OK. Go to the 'gear wheel' in the top right hand of the browser - not in the search screen, right click and select 'Manage Add-ons'. A window will open, select 'Toolbars and Extensions' and then go down to the drop-down menu and select 'All Add-ons'; this will show all you have installed and any that are disabled. To enable/disable select the Add-on and click the Enable/Disable button that appears bottom right.

Also in the bottom left of this Window are two blue coloured links, one for finding more Add-ons and the other to learn more about them. These should solve your problems of browser management.

Like this post
chrisod

Likes # 0

hi jondrew tried what you said but still getting a message on 1 site that i use regularly saying add ons failed to run?? strange as never used to pop up saying that..

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

chrisod

I get a similar type of problem with my doctors surgery website, each time I visit or change pages I get the pop up at the bottom saying do I want. to run an Microsoft addon I click yes for all sites but I change pages and there it is again. I think that it must be a problem with the website as opposed to my PC. So I have to live with it.

Like this post
chrisod

Likes # 0

thats the same messge i get its annoying though

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I agree.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...