We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

networking help

solacunis

Likes # 0

HI, I have an ip camera and i want to access it remotly. my problem is ;....I have set up camera with the setup disc and it works fine localy ie thro my IE browser the problem starts when i disconect from the router and try to contact with ip adress. Detail of the equipment, IP camera is easyn f series Router... viginmedia superhubVMDG 480 I have tried portforwarding and when i enter gate no ie 80 81 and press add it goes into the grid but grey not bold black. Also the uPnP is active bld black. I have conntacted vigin media but i think they are not sure how to get over this problem The superhub is NetGear if anybody has the same equipment could they guide me step by step to sot this out. The cam is for home security only and will only be switched on 3 weeks a year total

Like this post
bobbybowls

Likes # 0

you could not have bought a worse camera. the parents in law had one and i could never get it to work even with a wired connection. they eventually bought one of these y-cam

Like this post
behill80

Likes # 0

Get connected to the support center for help. Very ease.

Like this post
thegatekeeper

Likes # 0

Can't believe these things are still being marketed. Get another one trust me and save yourself the headache.

Clive Bokley @ Diablo 3

Like this post
speedman

Likes # 0

What ever it is products like this has never been 100% efficient. It all depends on luck IMO.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite