We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem Printer Sharing

D@z©

Likes # 0

I have a thermal printer in my office which I want to share on a network. It is installed fine on the local printer and I can print to it ok from that (so all connections, wires are ok). I have shared it etc on the network and I can see it when adding it on another PC. I try printing to it and it is sent to the printer and is in the queue but it just wont print, it says 'error - printing paused'. What could it be? Thanks.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Open Start>Control Panel>Printers & Faxes and double click your printer. Find the print job that is paused, right click it and select restart. If it doesn't print within about 5 minutes, go back to Printers & Faxes and cancel (stop, delete, whatever it takes to make it go away :), turn off your printer and turn it on again, and then reopen whatever you wanted to print and do it again.

Like this post
D@z©

Likes # 0

I have tried all those things you suggested already.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have you checked to see if your Printer is "Offline" ?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Drivers installed on the other computer?

Like this post
D@z©

Likes # 0

Yes the most up to date drivers are installed on both PCs and it is not 'offline'. Any more suggestions?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Anything here? Printer problems.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...