We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WEP Key for Belkin PreN router

Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a Belkin aigo True Mimo PreN Router model FD 582304. I am trying to wireless connect a new laptop on windows 7. It wont accept the WEP key I have previously used. The router is cable connected to my desk top computer. How do I find out the details of the WEP key for this router or reset all??

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

The WEP key should work if nothing has changed. Have you tried connecting the new laptop by ethernet cable first and then try setting it up wirelessly. Obviously you have made absolutely certain that the key has been copied correctly - O instead of 0 for example. The best way to ensure this is to type the key into a word document then copy and paste it when asked for the WEP key.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I meant to say that the WEP key is usually on the bottom of the router.If not this is the advice on the Belkin site

Go to the configuration pages of your router by typing in 192.168.2.1 into the URL bar at the top (not the Google box) -your router configuration pages should be there.

After your get to the belkin router configuration site click on "SECURITY" which is under the Wireless section to your left if you have a password set on, you would have to type that in, if you did not put a password, then just click submit, after that works you will see 4 key numbers at 64-bit or 128-bit WEP your WEP should be the one with the green circle highlighted

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

At worst You can reset the router and put in a new key.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Thanks to difarn and John Bunyan for you assist. I have managed to resolve the problem.This router by todays standard is fairly old and the configuration panel listed under Wireless, Security shows 13 hex digit pairs, which are infact the Security Key code without the dots in between. Took a 38 minute call to Belkin in India to crack this. Hope this will help other readers who come up with a similar problem.

Like this post  
difarn

Likes # 0

Glad it's sorted even if you had to travel half-way around the world to do it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer