We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Spell ckeckers- no go

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

One of my flock has Office 2000 installed- He reported the the spell checker in the word processer has ceased to function.

As I wont be able to get to see him for a week or so I suggested various alternatives to down load.

None of which seem to work - the latest suggestion - is to download Open Office and work from there.

The download came in well and installed and the word processor works fine

But still no spell check function.

Is there some other factor in volved here?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

For Office 2000 Could be the normal.dot template has corrupted. Try renaming it so that next time program opens it creates a new default normal.dot

Like this post
GroupFC

Likes # 0

Is this any help

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Group FC

Did you forget something?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I think he should have posted this.Spellcheck.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Thank you Chronus= by the look of it it is about as helpful as Group FC's.

Did you look your self?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

How odd. Click here.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

My first link was to the actual spell-check problem page but for some reason does not link. The second link does work and the spell-check is top of the page.

But in saying that by clicking on formatting text which is underneath the large font to the left would have brought you to the same list. Which is what I did with Group FC's link.

Like this post
GroupFC

Likes # 0

Sorry, I was only trying to be helpful!

I found that link by googling "Spell Checker not working in Open Office" and the page I linked to, comes up as the second hit in Google. I then copied and pasted the URL here (I admit that I didn't check that it worked and can now see the problem to which Chronus has found the solution).

Of course if you want to get it working in Office 2000, you could always try googling "spell checker not working in word 2000" and have a look at som of the suggestions there.

Perhaps next time I won't bother!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...