We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

drive cure on start up

chrisod

Likes # 0

when i start my pc it saying drive cure failed to in stall how do i delete this message (someone has tried to install it and wont own up) i have searched for it but cant locate it any ideas?? thanks

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

From another Forum.

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall Drivercare. Then go to "my Computer" and then click on the "C Drive" and click on "program files". Drivercare will be listed there under the name "paretologic" Delete paretologic and you will be done with drivercare. No more popups!!!!!!

Unfortunately after that you have to go to the registry and delete a few things on there.

If you can see it in add remove use Revo Uninstaller to remove it.Use settings 4 and only delete things in thick black.

Eventually it will give you a list with where it still has connections Files folders etc just click all and remove.

Like this post
chrisod

Likes # 0

hi cant find it in programmes can you help a bit more sorry but i`m not very pc literate

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Control panel then add remove and see if it is in there.

r Start.Run.Type msconfig and see if it is ticked on start up in there ,if so untick it.

Or maybe download Malwarebytes and give that a run to see if it finds it.

Like this post
chrisod

Likes # 0

just looked in programes not there did the msconfig not on start up will run malware now and get back to you thanks

Like this post
kaiwei

Likes # 0

Like this post
chrisod

Likes # 0

just ran malware nothing showed up....kaiwei what the link for??

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ignore it probably spam.My security program blocked it.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

This may help, DriveCure removal.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Chronis.

That is a bad site according to WOT.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/finaluninstaller.com

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

It's maybe a false positive, in the past I had Wot flash up eBay as being a bad site these program's are nothing more than a nuisance but if he is concerned then Final Uninstaller can be had from here, Download.com which I assume is a good site.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?