We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Free virtualisation

KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Anyone interested in this? Paragon.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps worth mentioning, that its a 3 day offer, and you will or may need a Facebook account?.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

I have downloaded and installed the software. In Windows XP, I've created a "virtual machine", the result of which is to create two files - a .vmx file of 1kB and a .vmdk file of about 17GB, which is obviously the XP partition. I cannot see any way of actually doing anything with these files in order to run XP in the virtual machine. ???

The "Help" link to Paragon's website simply brings up a 404 not found error.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I'm with you mgmcc very poor support so I will not recommend this software unless you know what you are doing.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

It seems that it isn't stand-alone software, but just creates the files to run in other programs such as Microsoft Virtual PC which, in Windows 7, requires the Professional or Ultimate versions.

If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do