We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Live Mail - "A Problem has Occurred....."

Wirksrail

Likes # 0

I am running Windows Live Mail and Windows 7; and belong to a Newsgroup.Frequently, after reading a number of messages on the Newsgroup I get a message stating "A problem has occurred while trying to open this message. A problem has occurred. Please Try again." Needless to say when I try again I get the same message. Advice please.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

It appears that you have a message/messages stuck in All News.

Possible solution - If you are confident at editing the Registry.

I would suggest rebuilding your Quick views by deleting (with WLMail closed) the registry value SearchFolderVersion at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail.

It looks like there's some discrepancy between messages the MessageStore thinks you have and the ones you actually have. Restarting WLMail will take a little longer while the Quick view database is rebuilt.

Like this post
Wirksrail

Likes # 0

Northumbria61 - thanks for your reply. I am not confident about editing the Registry, but I know a man who is, so I shall have words with him. Thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback