We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Missing e-mails in windows live mail

Sapins

Likes # 0

I was attempting to separate a folder from within another folder when all the e-mails in the folder I was moving disappeared, the title of the folder is still there but no e-mails. Can I retrieve them and if so how?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I don't suppose a system restore would fix it.

Or go to Windows Live essentials in ad remove and click uninstall/repair.it will give you a choice of what you want to repair or remove click on windows live mail and choose repair.

Now that may bring them back or it might not.So best waiting for other solutions first.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Hi buteman,

I have checked and Systen Restore will not bring e-mails back, I'll wait for other replies,thanks for your help,

Regards,

Sapins.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Much depends on how you tried to 'separate' the folders. You could search through your other e-mails (especially in the folder you were removing them from) to see if they have become detached, look in the recycle bin or try recovery software.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Just found this, it may be your answer.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I assume that you have looked in the deleted folder.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Hello all,

I have looked in every folder, done a search and checked the recycle bin, no luck. I have even looked through every folder I could find, still no luck, I might try your link johndrew, will let you know if I do.

Regards,

Sapins.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If you allow showing hidden files and folders then try C:- users- your name- AppData and in the AppData window, in the top right search box, type .eml.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote