We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SD card recovery issue

wendyun

Likes # 0

Recently I had to help a friend recover some important files that she had accidentally deleted from her SD card. She was in a panic, and don’t know how to deal with this problem. Here is what I did:

Firstly, I checked the recycling bin on her computer, but she had already emptied the recycle bin. I don't know why she did that and so that didn't help.

Secondly, I tried a software which I searched from Google. The software was called Card Data Recovery. It has Windows version as well as Mac version designed separately for Windows and Mac users. I downloaded and ran Card Data Recovery for Windows on her SD card. It took a few minutes to scan her entire SD card. However, the program is a shareware, I could only preview the deleted files on the task list, if I want to recover the lost data, i need to pay for $19.95. Can you recommend me some free nice SD card file recovery program?

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

wendyun,

You could try Recuva (Free version) from Piriform.

Recuva Free

Peter.

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

wendyun,

I don't know what happened to my link to the Recuva Free download, but you can copy and paste the link below.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download

Peter.

Like this post
wendyun

Likes # 0

Thanks, peter.I have successfully get back the lost photos with the program you recommended.

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

wendyun,

Glad it solved your problem. Thanks for the feedback. Please apply the RESOLVED green tick.

Peter.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK